Are There Screenwriting Blogs?
Of course, there are fucking screenwriting blogs.
If you only pay for one thing in your screenwriting career preparation, a Medium.com subscription to access all that Go Into The Story has to offer is where you should park your dimes.
It’s mostly written and edited by one guy, Scott Myers, who really knows his shit. An amazing resource with probably over 1000 articles at this point. They’re on basically everything you could possibly want to know about screenwriting.
You’ll need to subscribe to Medium.com (not expensive) to read past the first few entries, but it’s totally worth it.
Other Good Screenwriting Blogs:
- Read what John August has to say about loglines, and give the rest of his site a browse. You’re already listening to his Scriptnotes podcast, right?
- Check out the online Resource Center of the Writers Guild Foundation Library.
- Final Draft’s “Learn” blog
- Mickey Fisher’s Newsletter (and archive)
- Mickey Fisher’s Resources For Writers
- Studio Binder’s blog entries on screenwriting
- Sex In A Submarine – a blog going back to 2006 from William C. Martell, a screenwriter and prolific author of screenwriting how-to books
- ScriptMag also has a blog